Written by: CVYSL Administrator
Thursday, September 29, 2011
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />CAPITAL VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this league shall be the Capital Valley Youth Soccer League. It also shall be known as CVYSL.
ARTICLE II: BOUNDARIES AND TERRITORIES
1. The CVYSL territory is in the northeastern portion of Sacramento County that includes: (a) that portion of the San Juan Unified School District east of the River City Youth Soccer League, (b) that portion of the San Juan Unified School District northeast and southwest of the American River Youth Soccer League, (c) that portion of the Grant Union High School District east of the west edge of McClellan Air Force Base, and (d) that portion of the Roseville Joint Union High School District south of the Sacramento-Placer County line.
2. The specific boundaries of the CVYSL are: beginning at the intersection of the American River and Sunrise Boulevard, proceed north on Sunrise to Orange Avenue; turn west on Orange to York Avenue- turn east on Sunset Avenue back to Sunrise Boulevard and then proceed west on Madison Avenue to San Juan Avenue; turn south on San Juan Avenue to Winding Way; go west on Winding Way to Dewey Avenue; turn north on Dewey Avenue to Muldrow Road; proceed west on Muldrow Road to Manzanita Avenue; turn north on Manzanita Avenue and proceed to Madison Avenue; turn west on Madison and proceed to the intersection of Madison and Auburn Boulevard; proceed northeast along Auburn Boulevard to Sylvan Road; turn south on Sylvan to Community Road; east on Community to Mitchell; south on Mitchell to Highland Avenue and east on Highland to Sunrise Boulevard; north on Sunrise to Old Auburn Road and northeast on Old Auburn Road to the Placer County Line. This comprises the eastern boundary of CVYSL.
Proceed from the intersection of Old Auburn Road and the Placer County Line west along the county line to 16th Street in North Highlands. This comprises the northern boundary of CVYSL.
Proceed south on 16th Street to Q Street; turn east on Q Street to 20th Street and south on 20th along the perimeter of McClellan Air Force Base to Roseville Road, proceed southwesterly to the west end of Haggin Oaks Municipal Golf Course (Connie Drive) and then south to Auburn Boulevard; turn northeasterly on Auburn to Watt Avenue; south on Watt to Marconi Avenue; east on Marconi to Eastern Avenue; south on Eastern to Arden Way. This comprises the general western boundary of CVYSL.
Proceed east on Arden Way past Fair Oaks Boulevard to the first bend and then on a north and east trending hook (which is the south attendance boundary of Deterding Elementary School) to the American River. Proceed north and east along the AmericanRiver to the intersection with Sunrise Boulevard. This comprises the general southern boundary of CVYSL.
1 The geographical area represented here is generally the territory which historically encompassed the following soccer clubs: Carmichael, Del Campo, Citrus Heights, La Sierra, Foothill, Mission-El Camino, North Highlands-Antelope and St. Johns. Some minor adjustments were made to follow major thoroughfares rather than school attendance boundaries, which are subject to change.
2. Some major exceptions are the following:
a. Exception has been made for St. Mel's School, a private school which is located within the boundaries of the Del Campo Soccer Club. Students registered at St. Mel's School may play for the St. Mel's Soccer Club in the appropriate league regardless of where they reside.
b. Exception has been made for Dewey Fundamental School. Dewey provides a fundamental open enrollment program and as such, is not assigned a specific attendance boundary by the San Juan Unified School District. CVYSL agrees the immediate neighborhood of Dewey School is an unassigned or "grey" area between CVYSL and American River Youth Soccer League (ARYSL).
c. The area along the western side of Sylvan Road, which is presently vacant land, would normally be part of Citrus Heights Elementary School. However, since no major roads intersect on a north/south line, this territory has been ceded to ARYSL and should be considered another "grey" area.
d. Old Auburn Road, the traditional bisecting line for youth sports (little league) has been used as the dividing line between leagues. CVYSL concedes that the territory east of Sunrise Boulevard is a "grey" area.
e. Holy Family, a private school, is part of the CVYSL. Since this is not presently a separate soccer club, students must register in their area of residence or apply for a waiver.
ARTICLE III: PURPOSE
The purpose of the league shall be to develop, promote and administer the game of soccer among youth (boys and girls under 19 years of age), regardless of race, color, creed and/or ability.
ARTICLE IV: AFFILIATION
The League shall be an affiliated branch of and comply with the authority of the California Youth Soccer Association-North (CYSA-N), United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) and United States Soccer Federation (USSF).
ARTICLE V: AUTHORITIES
1. The League shall be governed by its Constitution, Bylaws and Standing Rules, except when these are superseded by CYSA-N, USYSA or USSF.
2. The governing authority of the League, whose powers shall be designated in the Bylaws, shall be vested with the Board of Directors of the League.
3. The Board of Directors shall be composed of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar, Metro Coordinator, Coaching Coordinator, Referee Coordinator, Scorekeeper, and the Manager of each affiliated club. No person may hold more than one Board position simultaneously. The Registrar shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Board of Directors.
4. The League may recognize sub-units, e.g. Clubs, for the purpose of coordinating the administration of the League programs. The composition of these sub-units may be changed during any regularly scheduled Board meeting; subject to a two-thirds majority approval of the entire Board.
ARTICLE VI: MEMBERSHIP
1. Membership in the League shall be by registered team.
2. All member teams, their players, coaches, parents and referees shall abide by the Constitution, the Bylaws and the Standing Rules of the league as set forth by the Board of Directors, as well as with all applicable rules and regulations of the associations with which the league is affiliated.
ARTICLE VIl: ANNUAL MEETING
I. In August, the President, with the concurrence of the Board of Directors, shall call for an Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the membership. The AGM shall be held no later than December 15 of the current seasonal year. Written notification including meeting agenda shall be sent at least fifteen (15) days prior to the annual general meeting to all registered teams.
2. Each registered team's coach, or in the absence of the coach, a parent of a registered player of that team, and each member of the Board of Directors shall be entitled to one (1) vote. Voting shall be restricted to those teams registered during the current season. Voting by proxy will not be allowed. Only those members of record in good standing shall be entitled to voting privileges. The President of the league shall cast a vote only in case of a tie.
3. The order of business at the AGM shall be as follows:
a. Call to order.
b. Credentials report.
c. Introduction of guests.
d. Acceptance of the minutes of the previous AGM.
2. Vice President
f. Old unfinished Business.
g. Proposals for change of Constitution, Bylaws, and/or general procedures and specific rules.
h. New Business
i. Election of Board of Directors
j. Good of the Game
ARTICLE VIll: CHANGES
1. Amendments to the Constitution, and Bylaws shall be considered only at the Annual General Meeting of the membership, except in such cases as specified in the Bylaws of the League.
2. Written notice of proposed changes shall be forwarded in writing to the Rules and Revisions Committee or the Board no later than Sixty (60) days prior to scheduled AGM. The committee will make available all proposed changes to the membership at least fifteen (1 5) days prior to the AGM.
3. An amendment to the Constitution or Bylaws shall be deemed adopted by an affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the voting members present at the AGM.
4. The Board of Directors may adopt new Standing Rules or amend Existing Standing Rules which shall become effective immediately. Such actions shall become a permanent part of the Standing Rules if ratified by a simple majority vote at the next AGM.
ARTICLE IX: NON-PROFIT STATUS
The League is a non-profit organization and individual members are prohibited from deriving a profit therefrom.
ARTICLE X: POLITICAL LIMITATIONS
No substantial part of the activities of this organization shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation and the organization shall not participate or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
ARTICLE XI: DEDICATION / DISSOLUTION
The property of this organization is irrevocably dedicated to charitable purposes and no part of the net income or assets of this organization shall ever inure to the benefit of any director, officer or member thereof, or to the benefit of any private persons. Upon dissolution or winding up of the organization, its assets remaining after payment or provision for payment, of all debts and liabilities of this organization shall be distributed to a non-profit fund, foundation, or corporation which is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes and which has established its tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Revised 1/5/02 by Cathy Crothers pursuant to December 2001 AGM.
CVYSL Board reviewed November 2003
file: CVYSL Const 1-22-07.doc
Spell checked 11-22-07
© 2015 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.